This project is read-only.

Reading Data Stream using BackupFileStream

Aug 13, 2012 at 1:21 PM

I have been using AlphaFS for some time now and recently run into an issue with the BackupFileStream with certain files.

When reading the Data stream, code below;

_bfs = new BackupFileStream(_files_to_backup.Rows[i]["Filename"].ToString(), FileMode.Open, FileSystemRights.ReadData, FileShare.Read);

BackupStreamInfo _bfs_si = _ic_sharp_code_bfs.ReadStreamInfo();

The problem is when I call _bfs.Read(blah,blah,blah) it will reads more bytes than _bfs_si.Size. The instances I have come across there has been 84 extra bytes.

I am presuming that this is extra data relating to the data stream but what are the extra bytes and why is it only present in some files.

Any help would be appreciated.

Aug 17, 2012 at 4:49 AM

Those should be acls and extra streams.

Sent from mobile phone.

On Aug 16, 2012 3:39 PM, "Vostro" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I have been using AlphaFS for some time now and recently run into an issue with the BackupFileStream with certain files.

When reading the Data stream, code below;

_bfs = new BackupFileStream(_files_to_backup.Rows[i]["Filename"].ToString(), FileMode.Open, FileSystemRights.ReadData, FileShare.Read);

BackupStreamInfo _bfs_si = _ic_sharp_code_bfs.ReadStreamInfo();

The problem is when I call _bfs.Read(blah,blah,blah) it will reads more bytes than _bfs_si.Size. The instances I have come across there has been 84 extra bytes.

I am presuming that this is extra data relating to the data stream but what are the extra bytes and why is it only present in some files.

Any help would be appreciated.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (alphafs@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email alphafs@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com