License Update

Aug 11, 2014 at 5:05 AM
Edited Aug 11, 2014 at 5:05 AM
I noticed that LICENSE.txt does not include the most recent version of the license, per the CodePlex license page for the project. The Releases/1.5, Development, and Development-NG branches all include the following line:
 Copyright (c) 2008-2009 Peter Palotas
This seems to be the version in effect from Jan 18, 2009 to Feb 8, 2011 (again, per CodePlex).

I am including the source in my source control repository, and I don't want to touch the contents of the license file without asking if I should use the version under source control or the version on CodePlex, which includes the names of three authors and updated copyright dates. Specifically, I didn't want to violate this provision:
 The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
I would appreciate it if you updated the license file under source control, so that I'm not modifying it myself. I also wouldn't want to accidentally overwrite a newer version of the license when I update my AlphaFS source. It would also help for the license file to contain "AlphaFS" and "MIT License" at the top, but that's up to you.

By the way, I am planning to use MSBuild to rename the license file to "AlphaFS License" and put it in a "Licenses" folder for the output of my project. Is that OK with you? I will probably try to put it in the application as well, which I know is not technically necessary, but I want to give everyone credit.

Great work to everyone on this project. I haven't used it yet, but I have looked over the source code, and it looks good. Also, thanks for using the MIT license! I haven't decided how to license my project yet, and this makes it much easier for me.